Wednesday 18 March 2015

My New Rope

Back in 2011 I wrote about a bondage session using white nylon rope and following examples found on the Two Knotty Boys website. The Two Knotty Boys' videos continue to be a source of inspiration and instruction for me in spite of there not being any additions for a long time. I had noticed that they used very thick rope in a lot of the videos and as they indicate the lengths and thickness of the rope used at the end of the videos in question I started to search for some.

Local DIY shops didn't have anything nearly as thick as what I was looking for and it was finally on Amazon.com that I found what looked like it was what I wanted. However because of the cost of shipping to France and customs I was a bit reluctant to invest a considerable amount of money in something that might finally not be what I needed (or should I say desire).

It was only in January this year whilst ordering another (non bdsm related) item on Amazon that I found the rope still in my shopping basket (clever Amazon). A bit of research showed me that the price of the 2 items on the French Amazon site (where the rope was now being sold as well) was significantly more than on Amazon.com. Partly because there was a special deal on the 1st item but mainly because the sellers on Amazon.fr are (in my opinion) too greedy. To cut a long story short the 2 items on Amazon.com cost less than the price of just the rope on Amazon.fr in spite of shipping and customs so I decided that I would go for the rope.

And I am so happy I did!

A length of my new rope


It's very thick, heavy, and soft: A real pleasure to handle (and apparently being tied up with it is equally pleasurable). A great choice for rope-play.

I love the chunkiness of the knots produced with it - I think they're better suited to a bondage on a submissive male.

Another positive point is that it has a safe working load of 300 lbs which is more than enough for suspensions (I just need some solid beams to be able to do that).














And the cherry on the icing is that C bought himself a black spandex body suit.












The caveat is that normally to stop the ends from fraying you should burn them but that makes them hard and scratchy which is not a very pleasant sensation. But I have dipped mine in candle wax (I used the wax from a tea-light which seems to be softer than normal candle wax and therefore less brittle and likely to crumble with use) to prevent the fraying.


I'll see how long that lasts but in the mean time it's much softer on the skin and easier to pull through existing knots without snagging and it doesn't take long to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment